Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stars and Stripes: A Pinterest Roundup




That is the challenge for today.  Stars & Stripes.  Since Memorial Day is almost here, it seems like a good time to be thinking about a wreath for the front door.  I've always loved the ones that look like an aged flag draped around it.

Like this one:



I just haven't purchased the material.  I keep waiting for a sale or a thrift store find.  I've not found either.

There are lots of fun ideas for wreaths.

Here are a few more:







It's amazing to me what people come up with for materials.

This one seems to be filled with colorful leaves of some kind. I like the fullness of it.




This one appears to be simply lengths of jute string wrapped around the wreath with just a touch of stars & stripes accessories. The beauty of this one is that you could interchange the accessories as the seasons/holidays change. Wouldn't that be fun?





I really like this one made with old wooden spools. I have a collection of them from my Great Grandmother's sewing stash.





How about this fun way to recycle soda cans?  Just be careful that you don't cut yourself.  And be sure to wash the cans.  Otherwise, you could have a few unwelcome visitors at your front door. :)





I could go on and on with fun wreaths. I found some made with clothespins, felt, fabric scraps, burlap, and more. You are only limited by your own imagination. Of course, with the whole world of internet at your disposal . . . you are really only limited by someone else's imagination as well. Right?


Since Memorial Day is coming, and today's challenge is Stars & Stripes, it seems only fitting to show you a few other fun things. These are more party ideas but with one of them, you'll need to plan ahead and prepare (at least I would need to). So here are a few other fun ideas for you:


Party Drink!!





Party Cake!!





Party Ice Cubes!!





Patriotic Accessory - or, if you feel up to it -- Party Favors or Craft Activity:





I have more ideas on my Summertime Pinterest board. Feel free to take a look. Follow the board for more ideas in the near future as well.

If you have a great Patriotic Craft to share, I would love to see it.  You can post it to my Facebook Page.  You can also leave a comment for me here.

I always look forward to your posts and comments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment