Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Fast and . . . Shh! . . . Be Still



Oh . . . the good ol' US of A.  We like FAST cars, FAST service, FAST internet and FAST food.  It's become a fast paced world.  We are always in a hurry.

If you haven't noticed yet, today's challenge is FAST.

I'm one of those people who has always like to be busy.  If my calendar wasn't full, I felt the need to fill it.  Now, I have a son doing his school at home.  It was difficult for me, at first, to slow down the pace.  I still have my share of "cabin fever".  I'm just not a stay home kind of person, but sometimes we are called to a place that is a bit of a stretch for us.

The verse:  "Be still and know that I am God" came to mind when I was contemplating what I would write about today.  In our fast paced lifestyle, it's easy to get caught up in ourselves and what we are doing and forget to let God be God.  Even though my lifestyle has slowed down, I still need to be reminded to "Be Still".

Here are two songs that I love on the subject.

Let me know what you've learned by being still in the comments section below.



No comments:

Post a Comment