Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 2: Yellow (May Creativity Challenge)

YELLOW


When I think of yellow . . . I think of Marty McFly and this scene.



Of course, this wasn't the first time, just a word caused a problem for him. It's just that normally, it was the word Chicken.

How about this collection of scenes:



These brings me to a very different thought on the word "yellow".  You all think I've lost it.  I bet you were expecting yellow flowers or paint or, well, anything but this.  Am I right?

Well . . . . so was I.  I just couldn't get past the "McFly curse".  Sorry.  But -- Marty got me thinking about how I handle conflict.  If you've seen any of these Back to the Future films, you've seen that McFly has a choice each time he's called "Yellow" or "Chicken".  He can continue to walk away or he can return to the conflict.  Each choice is life altering, and, as we see in the film, changes the family history (or future) quite a bit.

It feels as though, lately, there's a conflict somewhere around me quite often.  To be honest, we've been living with conflict for a few years now.  It seems to only ease up for a little bit before the next wave is stronger.  There are some conflicts that we need to just walk away from and there are some where we have to stand our ground and say "enough is enough".  Knowing when to do each is a constant learning process that I have not figured out yet.  Honestly . . . I handle it much better when the conflict involves me.  When the people I love are involved, this Mama Bear finds that her claws come out.  One thing I'm learning is that Mama Bear needs to sit back and watch for a bit before roaring.  All of you who are a mama - I think you can relate.

Recently I saw this scripture verse posted on Facebook.  I think I was to remember it.


So - on to a happier YELLOW topic.  JOY!  Actually, did you know that yellow is a happy color?  It makes you smile.  Years ago, I watched a home decorating show when the advised you to paint your front door yellow if you are trying to sell your house.  I am not sure if that is still the best selling front door color, but I never would have considered a yellow front door.  I decided to create a Pinterest board of Yellow things that might bring you joy.  You can click on the link below to go directly to the board.

ScrambledTea - Yellow

More Projects:

Here is the only yellow thing I own (that I can think of).  It's an old buffet table that I purchased at a used furniture store.  It is part of the cabinetry in the kitchen of our cabin.  It was an oops paint and was not the yellow I was expecting . . . but I've grown to love the pop of color in the otherwise white kitchen.



My cabin brings me JOY as well.  The yellow cabinet is just a bonus.

I've shared a few things about yellow for you.  I'm living true to my Scrambled title. Ha!

I want to hear from you.  You can post your favorite yellow inspiration or leave a comment.  To share photos, visit my Facebook page and post away.  I love seeing your photos and reading your comments.




4 comments:

  1. I love this! So much scrambled variety! :)
    When I woke up this morning, I was going to write a Yellow poem, then I ended up deciding to tidy up my little front garden where my neighbor felt sorry for my neglected little patch & planted a yellow flower. So that's what I submitted for yellow!
    Lady you are shaming me! :)
    Go You!
    Can't wait for tomorrow's post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there will be some days where you will totally "out post" me. I hope you'll do some poems this month. I enjoy poems, quotes and printables. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cabinet!! Never thought of painting my walls yellow since it is a color I don't look good in. Did so in this house and love it so much I'll do it in the next one as well. It amazes me how many other colors I can put in the room and it looks great. You know how much I love color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow is my favorite color! Love the cabinet, too. I love sunflowers, goldfinches, yellow pansies...the list goes on!

    ReplyDelete