Monday, July 23, 2012

Space Wanted

Small Problem

I've really caught the repurposing bug.  I am finding that I am much better at collecting the items to repurpose or just fix up than I am at the repurposing and fixing up part.  I have very good reasons though.

Reason 1

I'm a little afraid that I'm going to mess it up.  What if I make it worse than it is?
Just a few of my future projects

Reason 2

For a few things, I can't decide what color to paint them or what to turn them into.  Sometimes making a decision is really hard for me.

Seriously.  I can't decide on a color.

Reason 3

I really don't know where to work.  I have no workshop.  I usually work on things outside but when it is hot, humid or just plain rainy - that doesn't work so well.  I have a 2 car garage but my hubby really feels that a garage is for cars and not projects so moving the cars outside it out of the question. :)  I'm not complaining about his philosophy, though.  I really do like the shelter of the garage on a rainy grocery day.

Reason 4

My collecting is making me feel a little overwhelmed.  They need their own place - or I need to stop collecting them.  Yeah, who am I kidding?  These things need a home!  That's easier than passing up that cool freebie along the road - or not buy the "coolest thing ever" at a yard sale.

Reason 5

I can't feel creative when I'm feeling claustrophobic.  Simple as that.  


The mess I make when I'm working on projects <sigh>

A Possible Solution

We've thought about adding a shed to the back yard but they are expensive and I'm not sure that I want another shed IN my yard.  The other night, I had an idea.  It seemed brilliant - but I had to ask my hubby.  He's not a big fan of my junk collection so I didn't know how it would go.  Saturday seemed like a good day to ask.  He agreed!  I'm getting a new space for my stuff!



I'm going to save the details for the next blog.  I need to get it started and grab photos.  How does Friday sound?  

No comments:

Post a Comment